Valentine's Day Date Options for the Last-Minute Planner
By Brittany Panko
ATTENTION EVERYONE: The most romantic day of the year is right around the corner and nothing says, “I love you,” like a sweet, thought-out date night or day. I know, here comes the panic because you haven’t planned a single thing to do with your special someone yet. Have no fear, that’s why I am here! I have an array of ideas just for you.
The typical date night of dinner and a movie is always a great idea. You are sure to have a great time with this classic date night. Here are some of the most romantic restaurants in Edmond:
- Boulevard Steakhouse Enjoy a fun night out with your significant other and indulge in a bottle of fine wine and a juicy steak cooked to perfection, just how you like it. At this Edmond favorite, you will not be disappointed with the incredible cooks and attentive wait staff. If you are celebrating over the weekend, come enjoy some live jazz music in the lounge.
- Signature Grill Signature Grill is a smaller, more intimate restaurant in Edmond, the perfect place to go for a quite, more personal night out. This tends to be a popular date night spot, so don’t wait in line and place a reservation.
- Café 501 Here you can enjoy a unique array of menu items. The typical breakfast and lunch tends to be more casual, but dinner is a classier affair with special items like the lime chipotle tilapia, salmon vermouth and sage roasted chicken complete with thin capellini pasta.
- Castle Falls If you are willing to venture outside of Edmond, over in OKC, Castle Falls is having a night full of dinner and dancing on Saturday, Feb. 11. Dinner will consist of a four-course meal starting at 6 p.m. and going until 7:30 p.m., while the dance floor will open at 7 p.m. and continue all the way until 10 p.m. So put on your favorite dress, bring your dancing shoes and enjoy this fun night out.
“Mr. Grey will see you now.” That’s right, the sequel to “Fifty Shades of Grey” came out on Thursday and it is the perfect post-dinner date night film. Deemed the most romantic movie of the year, “Fifty Shades Darker” is bound to liven up your Valentine’s Day date night. Make sure to get your tickets ASAP because it is the hottest Valentine’s Day movie this year.
Thinking outside of the box? Wanting something the both of you can enjoy together? Feeling stressed from the past week at work and wanting some time to unwind? Then a massage is the right idea for you and your partner. Relax at one of OKC’s finest spas and let the workers take care of you. China Healing massage, Royal Oak massage and Sole therapy are three of the best-known spas in OKC and they are waiting to book your couples massage.
Valentine’s Day weekend always seems to be slam-packed with lovey-dovey couples all over the place. If you prefer a more relaxed date without all of the hassle, then brunch may be a better option for you. Here are a few perfect brunch spots to try this Valentine’s Day weekend:
- Cowboy Hall of Fame Enjoy a fresh buffet-styled brunch complete with a salad and dessert bar for just $11 per person. You also can walk through the museum for free after you eat.
- Red Rock Canyon Grill If you love Red Rock Canyon Grill but don't quite have the cash for their dinner menu, this romantic spot on the lake has a reasonably priced brunch menu offered only on the weekends. This is the perfect place to go and enjoy a great selection of brunch foods.
- Café Kacao So, this may not be the most relaxed place in town, since everyone and their grandmother is likely to swoop in her on the weekends to enjoy their Saturday and Sunday brunch specials. These specials are fluffy French toast and large chocolate waffles topped with creamy cinnamon cream cheese. It may be crowded, but this is definitely the place to go if you want to do brunch right.
- Cheever’s Reservations are a must at this fan favorite. Cheever’s also has a special brunch menu on the weekends that is half the price of their normal menu. This is why people tend to go here and enjoy their fantastic menu options on the weekends.
Maybe you're wanting to extend your Valentine’s Day date and spend the entire weekend, kid free at a bed and breakfast right here in Edmond. Two Hearts Inn is the perfect place to spend your romantic staycation. Decorated in old world, French neoclassical, tropical and southwestern décor, you are bound to feel like the royalty you are. Two Hearts Inn’s suites are designed to bring you relaxation while renewing and rekindling your romance. It’s the best way to spend your Valentine’s Day weekend.